Monday 23 May 2011

JAPANESE STUFF: TOKYO METRO MANNER POSTERS

JAPANESE STUFF:
TOKYO METRO MANNER POSTERS

These are some posters that I saw on Tokyo metro (subway) trains and stations last time I went to Japan about 2 years ago. I don't know if they're still there but I hope they are because they're pretty funny. I'm not sure if these are all but they were the only ones I could find. Tokyo trains are full of advertisements hanging of ceilings and plastered on walls. These can be found there also....

That one might be kind of hard  to understand. People often try to run onto trains just before the doors close when they're late. This poster is actually telling you to not do that. I'd just like to say now that Japanese people don't actually get stuck in doors and start pretending to swim.

Others are more easier to understand....





And the last one is a joke one made by someone and posted on the internet. I found it off a Japanese 2channel thread with other weird and wonderful posts and signs.

 Don't look if you don't like Shimoneta "下ネタ"  (dirty jokes)
-----'下' means down. This kanji has a lot of different ways of reading it. The most common way is 'shita' and thats the usual way you'd say down....  
-----ネタ means material 

Anyway here you go

0 comments:

Post a Comment